Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, NY | July 2015 - Present
Graduate Student Researcher - Cancer Biology
- Ph.D. thesis conducted in the laboratory of Dr. Ping Chi, M.D. Ph.D.
- Research focuses on the pathogenesis and therapeutics of Malignant Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumors (MPNST).
University of Puerto Rico, Comprehensive Cancer Center
San Juan, PR | January 2013 - May 2015
Undergraduate Researcher - Cancer Biology
Laboratory of Dr. Pablo Vivas, PhD
- Studied miRNAs and their potential role in human GBM tumorigenesis, as well as their use as biomarkers of brain tumors in patients.
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA | June 2014 - August 2014
Undergraduate Research Intern - Cancer Biology
Laboratory of Dr. Kathryn E. Wellen, PhD
- Studied the effects that changing intracellular levels of acetyl-CoA could have on the activity of transcriptional regulators, like β-catenin, in cancer cells.
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Bronx, NY | June 2013 - August 2013
Undergraduate Research Intern - Molecular Biology
Laboratory of Dr. Johanna Daily, MD
- Studied small molecules present in the blood of patients with bacteremia as a way to identify biomarkers to predict and follow bacterial infections.
Published Research Articles: (links)
Honors & Awards
- Department of Defense Peer Reviewed Cancer Horizon Award
- Palestin Fellowship of Gerstner Sloan Kettering Graduate School
- NIH Maximizing Access to Research Careers (MARC) fellowship
- Cancer Biology Poster Award at the ABRCMS National Conference
Scientific Organization Affiliations
- American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
- Ciencia Puerto Rico
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB)